Fwd: Re: [Gllug] Unsubscribe

Mark Lowes mark at weasel.korenwolf.net
Fri Mar 22 18:43:48 UTC 2002

(let's try replying to the list rather than the newsgroup I gated it
to ;)

On Fri, 22 Mar 2002 13:10:31 +0000 (UTC), Rev Simon Rumble <simon at rumble.net> wrote:
> On Fri 22 Mar, Darran D. Rimron-Molloy bloviated thus:
>
>> It's more time than effort. Mark is a very busy hamster.
>
> Can there be only one moderator?  If so, the list should move to
> something that can handle >1 moderator without problems.  I recommend
> Listar.

We use mailman, it handles multiple moderators, again you're looking
at time and effort.

> Re: posting from non-subscribed accounts, you should be able to
> "subscribe" without actually getting mails at every account.  You
> certainly can with listar.

Check the web interface, you're looking for the nomail option.

> That said, I think some well-placed filters would be more effective
> anyway.  e.g., the current spammer.

I launched a lart against the luser earlier in the week, filters
however can only be applied on this list not the server as it's hosted
on a commercial box not a personal one therefore my options for being
a bastard are limited by what legal will let me do.

   Mark

--
The Flying Hamster <hamster at korenwolf.net>      http://www.korenwolf.net/
Spammers may not be stupid, but spammers are sleazy and exploitive.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk