[Gllug] [OT] Hosted webmail services

Mike Brodbelt mike at coruscant.demon.co.uk
Thu Mar 14 19:38:49 UTC 2002

On Thu, 2002-03-14 at 14:30, Simon Wilcox wrote:

> This is off topic but I hope that any solution would run on linux :-)
>
> I have a client looking for a webmail service, branded to their
> requirements, for approximately 100,000 users.
>
> We're not looking for a free service but we do need a decent user
> interface, reasonable feature set and guaranteed SLA's for which we will
> happily pay to avoid hosting it ourselves.

Try going to fastmail.fm. Their head guy is a bloke called Jeremey
Howard. They run a pay-for (and smaller scale free) IMAP service, and
offer webmail access as well as IMAP. On server filtering, set up
through a web interface, spam filtering, that sort of stuff. It's based
on a big Cyrus server. They might well do that sort of thing.

Mike.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk