[Gllug] Document Distribution App?

Sean Burlington gllug at uncertainty.org.uk
Tue Mar 12 12:54:02 UTC 2002

On Tuesday 12 March 2002 12:17 pm, Rev Simon Rumble wrote:
> On Tue 12 Mar, pauln at truemesh.com bloviated thus:
> > Apache, mod-ssl, mod-dav, and mod-auth-whatever (pam maybe) and a dav
> > client of choice?
>
> You mean "go ahead, write one"?  I was hoping for something
> pre-existing.

thing is it probably does exist on your system - no system building required

I spent a while trying to figure out all this webdav stuff

turned out all I needed to do is configure
<Location /webdav>
 Dav On
</Location>

in apache conf

then access localhost/webdav/ using a dav client
I used the java DAVExplorer - but M$ Office can use DAV which may be readily
available to you.

as I remember it the password required is based on the underlying filesystem
permissions - so user/group should be OK - But I guess Paul was hinting at a
more advanced way of doing this (eg ssl isn't required but is an easy extra
layer of security)

- this solution should work with RH out of the box (with a few config
additions)

--

Sean

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk