[Gllug] [OT] Hosted webmail services

Rev Simon Rumble simon at rumble.net
Thu Mar 14 17:35:24 UTC 2002

On Thu 14 Mar, Stephen Harker bloviated thus:

> Have a look at www.horde.org. A set of free (GPL) php scripts and
> libraries that implement a web based email and portal service.

I used IMP (the webmail part of Horde) travelling through Vietnam the
year before last and had major problems with a dodgy piece of
Javascript that would reload the entire index while I was waiting for
the message I'd clicked on to load.  VERY slow net connections in
Vietnam.

I solved the problem by finding a way to punch a hole for ssh through
the People's Committee Firewall of Health of Prosperity by using the
ftp port.

I'd like to see a decent Webmail service built in plain ol' HTML.

--
Rev Simon Rumble <simon at rumble.net>
www.rumble.net

Inflation is the one form of taxation that can be imposed
without legislation.

- Milton Friedman

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk