[Gllug] Sony Vaio on Death Row - Low Battery Warning

Bruce Richardson itsbruce at uklinux.net
Thu Mar 14 00:05:42 UTC 2002

On Wed, Mar 13, 2002 at 08:18:11PM +0000, Chris wrote:
> Regardless, the drivers are there - I have every feature of my Vaio
> (USB, sound, APM etc) working under Debian.

S'right.  Even the winmodem.  The only problem I encountered was that
the Debian installation CD didn't recognise the PCMCIA cdrom (which it
needed to, given that the USB floppy can't be booted from under Linux),
which is a common problem across Vaio models.  But it can be fixed by
feeding it the right kernel params at boot.

--
Bruce

Remember you're a Womble.