[Gllug] Sendmail + SuSE 7.3

Dave Cridland dave at cridland.net
Thu Mar 14 23:34:43 UTC 2002

On Thu, 2002-03-14 at 12:39, an unknown sender wrote:
> I get is kellyh@ also SuSE had an article on their website telling me
> all I had to do was edit /etc/mail/genericstable, and then makemap...
>
> What am I missing?

I suggest taking a stock /etc/sendmail.cf, and editing it quickly. Mine
doesn't have generics map support in, actually, and it's perfectly
possible that yours doesn't, either. This is okay, because you don't
need it.

Just put in a couple of extra rules in sets 93 (for headers) and 94 (for
envelope).

Specifically, in 93 (search for ^S.*93$), before the last two rules
(lines beginning with R - next line afterwards will begin with S, most
likely), put:

R$* < @ $+ @ $* > $*	$: kellyh < @ clara.co.uk. > $4

Similarly, put the following as the first rule in ruleset 94:

R$* < @ *LOCAL* > $*	$: kellyh < @ clara.co.uk. > $2

If you want to be a bit more specific in which users get this treatment,
then you could put them all into a file - /etc/mail/clarausers - and
somewhere near the beginning of the CF file put:

F{clarauser}/etc/mail/clarausers

Then replace the first $* in both rules above with $={clarauser}

Hope that helps.

Dave.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk