[Gllug] Root doesn't have permission

Nix nix at esperi.demon.co.uk
Sun Mar 3 18:40:18 UTC 2002

On Sun, 3 Mar 2002, Bruce Richardson yowled:
> On Sun, Mar 03, 2002 at 12:05:46PM +0000, will wrote:
>> You could try lsof...  Correct me if I am wrong, but you might have
>> problems deleting the files if they are open...
>
> There's no problem deleting files when they're open.

Except on HP-UX, for any executable or shared library.

Thank you, H-POX. Very helpful, I don't think.

(Is this fixed in HP-UX 11?)

--
`Frankly I wonder whether you are not writing your posts from underneath a
 bridge.' --- Jason Clifford, to a particularly dense troll

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk