[Gllug] Help with virtual hosting for postfix

Andy McGarty andy at mcGarty.net
Wed Mar 20 00:04:34 UTC 2002

Hi,

I've been struggling to get virtual hosting working with postfix for the
last couple of days and it just refuses to work in the way I THINK it says
it should in the documentation.  I've googled till I'm goggled and grasped
at more straws than a blonde in an Essex club!

It seems to refuse to change the username on the virtual domain to valid
username on the local site.

I'm using the "postfix" format of virtual hosts and not the "sendmail"
version.

main.cf

virtual_maps = /etc/postix/virtual

There is no mention of my.domain (the virtual domain) in the mydestination
list as I'm using the "postfix" format of virtual domains.  I've tried
adding it and using the "sendmail" format, but to no avail.

/etc/postfix/virtual

    my.domain    anything as per doc
    test1 at my.domain    realuser at my.real.domain
    @my.domain            realuser at my.real.domain

and I do the postmap and restart postfix but now test1 at my.domain goes to
test1 at my.real.domain (and fails) and anyother at my.domain stays as
anyother at my.real.domain

I've also tried
    my.domain    anything as per doc
    test1 at my.domain    realuser
    @my.domain            realuser

and just
    my.domain    anything as per doc
    @my.domain            realuser

I'm sure its just I'm not seeing the wood for the trees but its really
stumping me.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Andy

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk