[Gllug] REALTEK 8100 NICS

Jake Jellinek jj at positive-internet.com
Wed Mar 13 12:25:22 UTC 2002

Hi,

I dunno particularly about the 8100 NICS but if it's any help...

We've found that any card based on the Realtek 8139 chipset works very
reliably and well to quite high load on its own, but combine it with
another Realtek 8139 in the same system and packets start getting
dropped etc. This may be to do with module parameters on load or some
such, but I've always found it easier just to use another type of card.
A Realtek 8139 with a card based on another module (the tulip for
instance) seems fine.

Thanks,

Jake.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk