[Gllug] msloth exchange

Tushar Joshi tjoshi at lonix.org.uk
Wed Mar 20 13:30:46 UTC 2002

Ahh well I am an expert on this topic. :) First LDAP has nothign to do with
this. So chuck LDAP away. The problem here is that Exchange uses some
proprietary crap that allows it to share address books and calendars from
within outlook and store on the exchange server. You can always get other
tools to do the same job, but I bet they want an all in one solution. What
you need is to somehow extend the capability of outlook so that it can
connect to other databases/servers to store this shared information.

A company known as bynari sell a plugin that allows extension of Outlooks
features and you can store all shared data in standard imap mailboxes.
Contact EMC UK for prices, link for them is on the lonix web site.

Tushar

On Thu, Mar 14, 2002 at 05:45:17PM +0000, Ian Norton wrote:
> basically, a small company that i am weening from windows servers utilises ms
> expunge as its mailserver, i can deal with mail issues and the like, however,
> they share thier address book and contact stuff with the outlook/ms expunge
> thing, anyone know of further developments with open source ms expunge
> protocol? or any open source way of implementing a shared contacts address book
> as winpoos does.
>
> bredroll
>
> --

|                 Turtle Networks Ltd.                 |
|  Unit 48, Concord Road, London W3 0TH                |
|  Tel: (020) 8992 7008     |  Fax: (020) 8992 7017    |
|  www.turtle.net           |  tjoshi at turtle.net       |

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk