[Gllug] Installing cups on red hat

John Edwards john_ed at cornerstonelinux.co.uk
Tue Mar 26 23:13:02 UTC 2002

On Tue, Mar 26, 2002 at 10:13:07PM +0000, Andrew Richardson wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to get cups going on RH7.2 but have missing dependencies for :
>
> libcrypto.so.3
> libssl.so.3
>
> Can anyone tell me what packages I need as rpmfind cannot tell me
>
> Thanks
>
> Andrew

There are part of OpenSSL, but the latest version is v0.9.6c which has
libcrypto.so.0.9.6 and libssl.so.0.9.6 . These are sometimes linked as
libcrypto.so.1 and libssl.so.1 (or even .2).

It could that the rpm was built against an beta version of OpenSSL, where
did you get it from ?

The CUPS source code can be used to build an rpm ("make rpm") if you have
it's sister package EPM - see the INSTALL.txt file. I can email you an rpm
for version 1.1.14 built on RedHat 7.2 with OpenSSL 0.9.6b if you want it.

--
|      John Edwards    Email: John.Edwards at uk.com            |

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk