[Gllug] Problems with screen updates in mutt

Stig Brautaset stigbrau at start.no
Tue Mar 12 15:41:21 UTC 2002

* Will <will at hellacool.co.uk> spake thus:
> On Tue, Mar 12, 2002 at 02:50:58PM +0100, Jonathan Dye wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > When I edit the to, from, subject etc. lines in mutt the little editor line
> > at the bottom doesn't work very well.  If I delete the text using backspace
> > it sometimes doesn't move the cursor to the left but the character is still
> > deleted when I've finished editing.  Anyone got any suggestions as to what
> > this can be as everything else works fine in the same terminal window.
>
> I have had the same problem and would be interested in an ansewer.  I am
> using Mutt 1.2.5.1i (2000-07-28) over an SSH connection.

No such problems here.

$ mutt -v
Mutt 1.3.27i (2002-01-22)
Copyright (C) 1996-2001 Michael R. Elkins and others.
Mutt comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; for details type `mutt -vv'.
Mutt is free software, and you are welcome to redistribute it
under certain conditions; type `mutt -vv' for details.

System: Linux 2.4.17 (i686) [using ncurses 5.2]
Compile options:
-DOMAIN
-DEBUG
-HOMESPOOL  +USE_SETGID  +USE_DOTLOCK  +DL_STANDALONE
+USE_FCNTL  -USE_FLOCK
+USE_POP  +USE_IMAP  -USE_GSS  -USE_SSL  +USE_GNUTLS  +USE_SASL
+HAVE_REGCOMP  -USE_GNU_REGEX
+HAVE_COLOR  +HAVE_START_COLOR  +HAVE_TYPEAHEAD  +HAVE_BKGDSET
+HAVE_CURS_SET  +HAVE_META  +HAVE_RESIZETERM
+HAVE_PGP  -BUFFY_SIZE -EXACT_ADDRESS  -SUN_ATTACHMENT
+ENABLE_NLS  -LOCALES_HACK  +COMPRESSED  +HAVE_WC_FUNCS  +HAVE_LANGINFO_CODESET  +HAVE_LANGINFO_YESEXPR
+HAVE_ICONV  -ICONV_NONTRANS  +HAVE_GETSID  +HAVE_GETADDRINFO
ISPELL="/usr/bin/ispell"
SENDMAIL="/usr/sbin/sendmail"
MAILPATH="/var/mail"
PKGDATADIR="/usr/share/mutt"
SYSCONFDIR="/etc"
EXECSHELL="/bin/sh"
MIXMASTER="mixmaster"
To contact the developers, please mail to <mutt-dev at mutt.org>.
To report a bug, please use the flea(1) utility.

patch-1.3.27.bse.xtitles.1
patch-1.3.26.appoct.3
patch-1.3.15.sw.pgp-outlook.1
patch-1.3.27.admcd.gnutls.17