[Gllug] Multiple address delimiters in Postfix

Rev Simon Rumble simon at rumble.net
Tue Mar 5 13:41:50 UTC 2002

For some time I've used an email address like "simon+spam at rumble.net"
when filling in web forms so that I can filter out any spam I end up
getting for my trouble.

However, more and more idiots who build these web sites are writing
dodgy validation code with no reference to the actual RFCs.  So they
often claim my simon+spam address is invalid.

So I've decided to switch to simon.spam instead but now I need postfix
to support both.

Currently it's set to this:
recipient_delimiter = +

I can't put >1 character on the line and if I put in two lines, it
drops the first.

Any ideas?

--
Rev Simon Rumble <simon at rumble.net>
www.rumble.net

Politics is the gentle art of getting votes from the poor
and campaign funds from the rich by promising to protect
each from the other.
- Politicians and Other Scoundrels by Ferdinand Lundberg

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk