[Gllug] KDE 3 on RedHat 7.2

Vincent AE Scott gllug at codex.net
Thu Mar 28 11:05:25 UTC 2002

Colin Murphy(SpudULike at blueyonder.co.uk)@Thu, Mar 28, 2002 at 09:16:36AM +0000:
> On Tuesday 26 March 2002 10:04 pm, Vincent AE Scott wrote:
> > Bush, Jonathan(bushj at daiichi.co.uk)@Tue, Mar 26, 2002 at 02:57:46PM
> -0000:
> > > Hi all
> > >
> > > I would like to upgrade to KDE 3 and would like to know there are any
> > > people that have done this, and so could give me some advice.
> > >

> > cant really give you any advice, other than i just 'rpm -Uvh'd the
> > required files.  and now the login manager gives me the option for it.
> > nothing to tell really, it just works.
> >

> But what are the required files, there seems to be loads of them!  Do they
> need to be installed in any specific order?

well it depends on how much of kde you want installed.  best bet is to
install everything that sounds interesting from the kde*3* options.

# rpm -qip <package>.rpm

will tell you what it's all about.  Then when you attempt to install,
you'll work out what the dependencies are, as RPM will stop you.

Oh, and you'll need qt3* libqt3*

--
PGP key:  http://codex.net/pgp/pgp.asc

 You expect me to talk, Goldfinger?