[Gllug] Sendmail + SuSE 7.3

Harvey Kelly kellyh at clara.co.uk
Sat Mar 16 13:59:50 UTC 2002

On Sat, Mar 16, 2002 at 01:12:23PM +0000, Bruce Richardson wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 16, 2002 at 03:07:25AM +0000, Harvey wrote:
> > On Thu, Mar 14, 2002 at 02:15:09PM +0000, Roger Whittaker wrote:
> > > Try using postfix.
> >
> > Sorry, but are you being serious?
>
> What is it you think you are gaining from running Sendmail on a home
> system?  What experience or secret knowledge of Postfix do you have that
> would make you treat it as a joke?
>
> Exim is my mta of choice these days but I still use Postfix in places at
> work, particularly on our front-facing mailhost as Postfix has both an
> extremely secure design and a high throughput.

I have no doubt - I know know next to nothing about
Postfix/Sendmail/Exim.  I asked if he was being serious as, he being a
representative of SuSE, I thought it was funny that his solution to
encontering probelms with SuSE's default mail handler was to install
another package.

Problems with WindowMaker?  Use Blackbox instead!

Harvey

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk