[Gllug] linux books

Steve Cobrin cobrin at highbury.net
Wed Mar 20 22:54:54 UTC 2002

On Wednesday 20 March 2002 15:43, Roger Whittaker wrote:
> The other good one is the PC bookshop in Sicilian Avenue just opposite
> Holborn tube station.  Waterstones and Blackwells in Charing Cross Road
> are not bad too.

Don't forget Foyles on Charing Cross Road, they probably have the largest
selection of Computer books I've seen so far, on their 1st floor, and they
have a few knowledgable staff. As they're bigger, they sometimes have hard to
get or older/less-popular computing books. The layout is sometimes confusing,
but not as bad as it used to be. and they finally got rid of their archaic
payment process. I guess I still have a fond spot for them, after 20 years of
popping in for some form of technical book.

oh yeah, though I haven't been there for a couple of years, the "Modern
Book Store" on Praed Street (Opposite M&S on Edgware Road), used to be
excellent.

  -- Steve

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk