[Gllug] OT: Indian restaurant

Vincent AE Scott gllug at codex.net
Tue Mar 19 20:27:10 UTC 2002

Darran D. Rimron-Molloy(ddrm at digital-science.net)@Wed, Mar 06, 2002 at 04:11:00PM -0000:

> Vincent AE Scott said:
> > Rev Simon Rumble(simon at rumble.net)@Wed, Mar 06, 2002 at
> > 03:45:00PM +0000:
> > > On Wed 06 Mar, robin.c.smith at bt.com bloviated thus:

> > needs a Linux server,
> > bound to get daily
> > >
> > > Insist he get ADSL with a static IP.  Then you can log in and fix
> > > whatever he messes up.
> >
> > or put a 'w3c -post ...' in the /etc/ppp/ip-up.local to a private CGI
> >  form somewhere you can check.
>
> Or register for dyndns and install a dyndns client in the same place,
> rather of going to the hastle of writing it yourself >:)

oh, i never used it like that, it was just a log of all IP addresses
that i'd received from ppp, along with a timestamp.

admitedly, now i use smssend, to send my IP address to my cell phone.
quite cool, with Wake-On-Modem to turn the box on.  All i need now is
bi-directional sms'ing and the world is my oyster.

--
PGP key:  http://codex.net/pgp/pgp.asc

 The problem with a system that needs competent managers
 is that it needs competent managers.
 --Graydon Saunders

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk