[Gllug] Screen I just have to share

Nix nix at esperi.demon.co.uk
Thu May 16 19:39:02 UTC 2002

On Thu, 16 May 2002, Ms. Lene Jensen said:
> Yep, screen is a pretty good tool, alright!  Be aware that it has a
> tendency to take up a lot of resources, so if you are sharing your
> computer with others, you might want to start it with a niceness:

Er, it doesn't consume any more time than any other terminal emulator,
and it's much more RAM-friendly than, say, xterm (but then xterm *is* a
bloated pig).

I must admit that I often run screen just to stick an xemacs in; that
way I can detach the screen, leave the xemacs running for ages, and
gnuclient in to it :)

(I use winring.el, so I don't really need screen's multiple-screen stuff
much, even on a VT.)

--
`There are not words enough to describe how fucked up imake is.'
                                        --- Peter da Silva

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk