[Gllug] KDE and Debian

Xander D Harkness xander at harkness.co.uk
Thu May 23 18:04:07 UTC 2002

I am have just installed Debian (this will be my first Debian system :-)

I installed evolution from the ximian mirror on mirror.ac.uk and I have
found a KDE 2 mirror after much searching at
http://sapi.vlsm.org/DLL/debian-kde/dists/stable

I must say that KDE for Debian does not seem to be readily found!!!

Does anyone have a better mirror for kde2 or preferably kde3?

In addition I know it may seem strange to be chasing evolution and kde
at this time (as I have not got X working yet :-).

I have installed potato; however my graphics card is an SiS6300
according to lspci.  This was supported under RH7.2 and RH7.3.  It is
not listed as being supported by the Xservers on potato as far as I can
see.  I guess my options are to compile X from source or upgrade to
unstable.  The former I can do though pain it may be.  How would I
upgrade to the unstable or does anyone have any other recommendations.

Cheers
Xander

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk