[Gllug] Online banking

Jonathan Dye jonathan.dye at automationpartnership.com
Thu May 16 16:16:38 UTC 2002

I wrote them a nice letter asking why they wouldn't let me use Opera or
Mozilla with their online banking (they checked for them using javascript
and denied them explicitly).  They replied saying they had no plans to
support anything other than IE.  I therefore wrote them another letter
telling them what I thoguht of them and that I would be moving to another
bank.  I've since decided to leave my account open and to take out the
maximum 700gbp graduate (intrest free) overdraft and put it into my savings
:-)

> I'm going to move banks to someone that provides decent support for
> alternative OS/browser users (and has some more respect for their
> customers) Your suggestions and experiences are being solicited, cos I
> guess most of you have tried online banking with your money
> storage/overdraft provider using $browser_thats_not_ie

HSBC seems to work well in both Opera and Mozilla and I think it works in
K... , whatever the K browser is.

> I'll be away until Tuesday, so apologies if I'm not overly active in
> this thread for a while ;)
>
> Cheers,
>
> Simon
>
> [1] Bollocks, bollocks and thrice bollocks. I've pointed out that
>     Java2 is the one to try and be compatible with, esp. since MS
>     don't ship Java plugins with XP.

JD

MessageLabs Virus Scanning Service

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk