[Gllug] Screen I just have to share

Bruce Richardson itsbruce at uklinux.net
Thu May 16 17:53:27 UTC 2002

On Thu, May 16, 2002 at 12:03:53PM +0100, Mark wrote:
> Let's see, had a 64k LL for 3+ years, never went down for any reason
> other than me breaking it myself in some manner (reconfiguring routers,
> rebooting head end kit etc etc).
>
> ADSL, we're floating at > 48h downtime since it was installed a month or
> so ago.

This is why we kept our leased line when we installed ADSL.  Key
services use the leased line and we route users through the ADSL line.
We don't get a *lot* of ADSL downtime but it is unpredictable.  Leased
line zero downtime and guaranteed bandwidth.  No contest.

--
Bruce

I object to intellect without discipline.  I object to power without
constructive purpose. -- Spock