[Gllug] OT: Star Wars in digital

Richard Cohen richard at vmlinuz.org
Wed May 15 12:27:20 UTC 2002

On Wed, 15 May 2002, Stuart Children wrote:

> On Wed, May 15, 2002 at 11:40:48AM +0100, Richard Cohen wrote:
> > I'm going to see it at the O2 on Finchley Road on Saturday night on their
> > digital screen...
>
> How much are tickets for that?

We're paying £8.10 each, plus 50p booking fee per ticket.  Not cheap, but if
the digital makes as much of a difference as it sounds, probably worth it.

> I was intending to wait 2/3 weeks for the mad crowds to die down and then
> go see it at my local Odeon on a Sunday afternoon when I won't get ripped
> off. GF and I were both quite sceptical but the trailers we've seen at the
> cinema do look impressive and virtually all reports I'm hearing are good.

Heh.  I'm going with an official Geek Group [TM], some of whom are religious
(Jewish) and therefore late on Saturday night is the earliest time we can
go.  It depends on how dedicated/sad/taken in by the hype you are :-)

> I would be tempted to pay extra to see it in digital though, so long as it
> wasn't too much. Please let us know what you think (of both the film
> itself and the digital presentation).

Will do...

> Cheers

Cheers