[Gllug] Print servers

Simon Wilcox simonw at simonwilcox.co.uk
Fri May 24 13:34:13 UTC 2002

On Fri, 24 May 2002 tet at accucard.com wrote:

> A dual parallel port PCI card will satisfy all your requirements for
> a measly 13 quid. Alternatively, if you're set on a print server, you
> can get a 3 port version for 89 pounds. But personally, I'd go for
> the multiple parallel port option (in fact, I did exactly that for my
> home setup).

I did consider this but at the moment I don't have a machine that is
permanently on to act as a server. There is a machine that I could use but
it is quite noisy so I would have to look at getting QuietPC fans or
something similar and to be honest that's all more effort than I really
wanted to go to. YMMV :-)

Simon.

--
"By removing all barriers to communication between different races and
 cultures, the babel fish caused more and bloodier wars than anything

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk