[Gllug] Storage books

Simon Trimmer simon at urbanmyth.org
Mon May 20 13:23:48 UTC 2002

On Mon, 20 May 2002, Huw Lynes wrote:
> On Thursday 16 May 2002 16:44, you wrote:
> > On the subject of storage and related things,
> > two books I've found quite good on this are
> >
> > "Using SANs and NAS" by Curtis Preston
> >
> > "Building Storage Networks" by Mark Farley.
> >

> <looks carefully both ways and drives out into oncoming traffic>
>
> SANs are evil.
> just my 0.02euro

I seem to remember talking to you about them a few months ago at the umlinux
talk :)

It's back to computing on the edge, where things may or may not work, to get
the best (or sometimes anything...) out of them you need to understand the
whole IO chain, yes it's back to Real Computing!

SANs are evil...that's why I like them :)

-Simon
Simon Trimmer <simon at urbanmyth.org>

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk