[Gllug] Net access everywhere

tet at accucard.com tet at accucard.com
Thu May 30 11:07:59 UTC 2002

Does anyone have any experience of portable net access? What I'm
thinking of is a palmtop type device with some kind of GPRS connectivity.
The basic premise being an ability to do support should I get called
while I'm not at home with access to my DSL line. All I need is a semi
usable keybaord, and an ssh client.

Have those of you with an iPAQ or Zaurus been able to do anything like
this? Are there any pros and cons to partiuclar hardware? Any pitfalls
I should be looking out for?

We've got provisional buyin from management to splash out on toys like
this, so I'd like opinions from anyone that's done it already...

Tet

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk