[Gllug] xircom cardbus pcmcia nic itch

Stig Brautaset stigbrau at start.no
Thu May 9 20:12:52 UTC 2002

Hi all,

My pcmcia network card link falls down from time to time. Sometimes more
frequently than others, and frequent enough that it is rather annoying.
It seems to happen when there is no traffic through the link (based on
the fact that I cannot ever remember it happening while I was on irc ;).

I am unable to find anything to point me in the right direction in any
of the logs, and I am not sure *where* the problem is.  bugs.debian.org
does not list any related bugs for the pcmcia-cs or hotplug packages.

The card is a Xircom Cardbus 10/100 NIC (CBEM56G-100) that use the
kernel's own xircom_cb module. I used to use the module in the pcmcia_cs
package before, but it was no better there (and more unconvenient with
frequent compiles).

$ uname -a
Linux arwen 2.4.18 #1 Tue Apr 9 02:05:16 BST 2002 i686 unknown

Stig
--
brautaset.org

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk