[Gllug] Isolating Network Services

tet at accucard.com tet at accucard.com
Thu May 30 08:48:06 UTC 2002

>I want to start running rlogin (or secure equivalets) and such like over the
>GREEN network. How do I close those services on the RED side? Each host has 2
>NIC's on separate physical nets with separate subnets (except the gateway -
>only on RED - and a server -only on GREEN).

Not an optimal setup. It would be far easier if you had separate networks,
and only a single box with connectivity to both. However, given the setup
you've described, the only real solution is to install some kind of
firewalling (ipchains, iptables, ipf, pf, etc.) on each multi-homed box.
Then configure each one to only allow the traffic you require between
the two networks, and block everything else.

Tet

PS. Use ssh, not rlogin.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk