[Gllug] A proposal

Richard Cohen richard at vmlinuz.org
Fri May 10 13:20:14 UTC 2002

On Fri, 10 May 2002, Vincent AE Scott wrote:

> Rev Simon Rumble(simon at rumble.net)@Wed, May 08, 2002 at 03:14:22PM +0100:
> > On Fri 03 May, Matt Amos made the following spurious claims:
> >
> > > while it makes sense to archive the group's knowledge on a variety of
> > > subjects (cuts down the number of frequently answered questions, etc...)
> > > someone would have to take the time to make sure that it remains current,
> > > or at least contains warnings about out-of-date info.
> >
> > Sounds like a job for Wiki!
>
> i believe the new gllug web page will have a wiki on it.
> i've been experimenting with wiki over the last few days, and they are
> the dogs dangly bits.  Never realized how easy they were to actuallt
> use, rather than peruse.

I set one up for work a couple of months back (running on our LAN,
obviously), and it's been really useful.  One of my collegues who sometimes
works with me, and sometimes does other stuff asked me this week if she
could start using it for her other stuff - she's having to co-ordinate a few
people, and a manager wants to be able to track the progress of the project,
and she reckons it'd be good to do it on the Wiki.

Out of interest, which Wiki have you been playing with?  I'm using MoinMoin,
since it's simple and Python.  I've used one or two others, and I like the
MoinMoin extended syntax better than others' (particularly ZWiki...)

Cheers
Richard

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk