[Gllug] phpGroupware

Daniel Andersson daniel at septum.org
Wed May 22 12:25:29 UTC 2002

> > /var/www/groupware.gardeneden.net/header.inc.php

> > > Turn on output buffering in your php.ini, or check rigourously that no
> > > white space has been included at the head of one of your display pages
> > > before the include, or (worse) that there's no white space after the
> > > closing php tag in any include files. PHP is a stickler for things
> > > like that.
> > >
> > > Basically, the error message says it all: before you've finished
> > > sending your headers, you've sent some content. Output buffering does
> > > just that, allowing you to insert random calls to "header()"
> > > throughout the body of your page.
> >
> > well, it can't be any whitespaces SINCE php says "oi, there's an error
> > here".
> > THAT'S where the output starts.
>
> I believe that you're wrong. The error message is saying that output
> has already started (on line 38 of header.inc.php) Once _any_ output
> has been sent, you cannot then send another header, because that's the
> way that HTTP works. Unless, of course, you use output buffering, that
> is ;)
>
> Looking at the filename, I would suggest that the file is an include
> that has to be edited to fill in some variable names, and Daniel has
> simply accidentally added a little bit of space by accident (it's easy
> enough to do)

IF php finds an error it outputs something, usually a header and some text.
"Parse error: parse error in
/var/www/groupware.gardeneden.net/header.inc.php on line 38"
in this case.

that's line 38.
Warning: Cannot add header information - headers already sent by (output
started at /var/www/groupware.gardeneden.net/header.inc.php:38) in
/var/www/groupware.gardeneden.net/setup/index.php on line 24

do you think it's a coincident that it says "output started at
/var/www/groupware.gardeneden.net/header.inc.php:38"?

since the error was on 38, the output will start on 38 as well.

re-read, re-think and realize ;o)

/ d

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk