[Gllug] Online banking

tet at accucard.com tet at accucard.com
Fri May 17 08:54:38 UTC 2002

>I've got an egg card.  Website works fine with Mozilla...

Yep, assuming the company stay around for much longer. FYI I work for a
credit card company. Egg currently offers better rates than us (in fact,
they offer better rates than *anyone*). But for how long? They're going
down the route that caused so many internet startups to fail, by losing
money to gain market share. For every pound you borrow from Egg, they
lose 15p. Great for the consumer in the short term, but not a sustainable
business model...

BTW, with all this discussion about Linux friendly online banking, I'm
surprised no one's mentioned Evan Leibovitch's page that was featured
on the front page of LWN yesterday:

	http://www.starnix.com/banks-n-browsers.html

The UK section is a little sparse, but I'm sure between us we can help
populate it...

Tet

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk