[Gllug] Online banking

Simon Stewart sms at lateral.net
Thu May 16 16:06:43 UTC 2002

I can't make it to a bank very easily, so I want online banking. I use
Galeon, and my current bank (NatWest) successfully refuse to be able
to cope with it (I get fobbed off with some cack about problems with
Java 2[1])

I'm going to move banks to someone that provides decent support for
alternative OS/browser users (and has some more respect for their
customers) Your suggestions and experiences are being solicited, cos I
guess most of you have tried online banking with your money
storage/overdraft provider using $browser_thats_not_ie

I'll be away until Tuesday, so apologies if I'm not overly active in
this thread for a while ;)

Cheers,

Simon

[1] Bollocks, bollocks and thrice bollocks. I've pointed out that
    Java2 is the one to try and be compatible with, esp. since MS
    don't ship Java plugins with XP.

--
"My dad's this long-haired drug-taking weirdo, hangs out with a
heap of Goths - of COURSE I became a computer geek."

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk