[Gllug] nvidia drivers

Harry Jackson postituk at yahoo.com
Sat May 25 21:53:42 UTC 2002

--- Adam Bower <abower at thebowery.co.uk> wrote:

> > I am downloading the nvidia drivers again as packages. I will also
> have
> > a look at qownloading a new kernel but I am on a dialup and its a
> tad
> > slow.
>
> I am presuming you are using debian testing/unstable? with X 4.1.0?
> If so
> you can get X working without the nvidia drivers, what the drivers
> give
> you is accelerated 3d so you can play things like quake. Indeed if
> you
> don't ever use 3d then you will most likely never need them over the
> "nv"
> driver included with X4.
>
> If you want a working XF86Config-4 file (which doesn't need the
> drivers)
> let me know and I will mail you one....

It would be much appreciated. I do not play games on the Linux box or
do anything that needs flashy graphics. A good sized desktop and no
hicups is all I am ever after when it comes to X.

Send me the file. I am running unstable.

I will not start updating my kernel until I try your suggestion.

Harry.

http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk