[Gllug] Address Book in Evolution 1.0.5

John Hearns john.hearns at cern.ch
Fri May 17 13:42:08 UTC 2002

On Fri, 2002-05-17 at 14:44, James Bailey wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Just moved from KMail to Ximain Evolutions 1.0.5. I have one question:
>
> I had created an address book for kmail in it csv format, using ypcat
> and awk etc. then formating it into the KMail address book format.
>
> How can I do this for Evolution, the address book does not seem to be a
> human readable text file....

James,
if I am correct the contacts (address book) in Evolution is held
in Vcard format.

A quick look at the Evolution data importer shows that it handles
the following types of files:

icalendar
Outlook Express 4
Vcard (.vcf)
Mbox
LDIF

(Importer is in Contacts, File, Import)

I would stick with Vcard - and see if you can get your Kmail output
into Vcard.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk