[OT] Jim's signatures (was: Re: [Gllug] Gllug Changing)

Bruce Richardson itsbruce at uklinux.net
Fri May 17 11:33:24 UTC 2002

On 17/05/02, 10:45:55, "Jackson, Harry" <HJackson at colt-telecom.com> wrote
regarding RE: [OT] Jim's signatures (was: Re: [Gllug] Gllug Changing):

> I think Bruce has a sig picker. I have also got one that involves you
> putting your signatures into a directory and numbering them and it will
give
> a new signature for every email sent. I suppose you could write one that
> would select certain topics depending on the body of the message.

I created a fifo called ~/.signature and have a script which creates a
signature file from a hand-rolled fortune database and then cats it to
the fifo, running in an endless loop.  This worked perfectly under 2.0.x
but under 2.2.x and up it occasionally burps and gives me several
signatures at once.

--

Bruce

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk