[Gllug] Any clues

Vincent AE Scott gllug at codex.net
Sat May 4 00:36:00 UTC 2002

Adrian McMenamin(adrian at mcmen.demon.co.uk)@Sat, May 04, 2002 at 12:09:33AM +0100:
> I have just purchased a second hand ABIT BP6 (Dual Celeron) box and inserted
> my NetGear Nat Semi card into it.
>
> I have assigned it an IP address, but while it lights up at the back it
> sustains no physical connection with the gateway: (NB this is pinging from
> the gateway, but IPs are merely reversed doing it the other way):

along with Andy's request, a 'netstat -nr' would be usefull.
have you ttied running tcpdump on the interface to work out what packets
you can see?
# tcpdump -i eth0

also, it might be worth looking at the arp table, to see if your picking
up the MA address:
# arp -a

whats the gateway running?  can you snoop on its interface aswell?  i.e.
get a view from both perspectives.

-v

--
PGP key:  http://codex.net/pgp/pgp.asc