[Gllug] Screen I just have to share

Vincent AE Scott gllug at codex.net
Thu May 16 07:42:21 UTC 2002

Jim Bailey(jim at lateral.net)@Thu, May 16, 2002 at 01:39:57AM +0100:
> Hi,
>
> having found ADSL to be a little flakey at times and losing my ssh
> connections.  I have just taken up a couple of peoples advice up and
> installed screen.
>
> http://www.gnu.org/software/screen/screen.html
>
> Now when I am working and I lose connection my work stays intact and I
> don't have to start all over again.

yep, ive been using it for a while now.  after richardc mentioned it to
me on list.  cheers g33z0r!  certianly one of the most usefull piees of
software i have come accross.  and no, i dont consider spell checkers to
be all that awesome.

--
PGP key:  http://codex.net/pgp/pgp.asc

 We're not any better; we've got our own set of nonstandardisms.
 Just not those ones.
 -- tom lane

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk