[Gllug] A proposal

Matt Amos matt.amos at ic.ac.uk
Fri May 3 14:35:44 UTC 2002

On Fri, May 03, 2002 at 10:41:31AM +0200, John Hearns wrote:
> Anyway, how about my proposal.
> Each week (two weeks?) we choose a topic from Linux.
> It could be, say, 'State of ACPI'
> or 'PCI hotswapping' or 'Logical Volume management'.
> We get the ball rolling,
> and hopefully get some input from an expert, maybe pointers
> to good links.
> The discussion goes on for a fixed time - say two days?
> We can either conduct the discussion on another list maybe,
> or simply use a phrase in the header to allow people who
> don't want to tune in to skip it.

forgive me for asking, but isnt this the point of the gllug lectures?

while it makes sense to archive the group's knowledge on a variety of
subjects (cuts down the number of frequently answered questions, etc...)
someone would have to take the time to make sure that it remains current,
or at least contains warnings about out-of-date info.

who's gonna volunteer? ;)

cya,

matt

--
"In Cupertino they make the prettiest (or weirdest) boxes for their
machines, but they've only moved sideways or backward in terms of

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk