[Gllug] Screen I just have to share

Simon Stewart sms at lateral.net
Thu May 16 11:33:01 UTC 2002

On Thu, May 16, 2002 at 09:48:15AM +0100, Ms. Lene Jensen wrote:
> On Thu, 16 May 2002, Jim Bailey wrote:
>
> > http://www.gnu.org/software/screen/screen.html
> >
> > Now when I am working and I lose connection my work stays intact and I
> > don't have to start all over again.
>
> Yep, screen is a pretty good tool, alright!  Be aware that it has a
> tendency to take up a lot of resources, so if you are sharing your
> computer with others, you might want to start it with a niceness:
>
> nice [-n 5] screen

I was under the impression that although it's meant to be persistant,
the nice value becomes less important the older the task is (at least
in one implentation of the Linux scheduler)

Someone correct me if I'm wrong....

Cheers,

Simon

--
"Guns don't kill people, ammunition kills people."
The trouble is that the majority of the users are trigger-pullers.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk