[Gllug] Linux laptop?

rich at annexia.org rich at annexia.org
Tue May 21 16:39:53 UTC 2002

On Tue, May 21, 2002 at 04:12:56PM +0100, Garry Heaton wrote:
> Can anyone recommend a relatively hassle-free, Linux-friendly laptop?
> Most advertised models don't list the spec in sufficient detail to work
> it out for myself.

I've been very happy with IBM Thinkpads in the past. Built like bricks.

At the moment I'm typing this on a UMAX laptop with Debian installed.
There's some problem with the sound, although I suspect that might
be Debian/myself-related rather than anything to do with Linux.

We use Dell laptops at work running Linux and W2K. And we have
one of those tiny mini VAIOs running Linux (bugger to install, but
works beautifully).

Rich.

--
rich at annexia.org | Is your school part of http://www.schoolmaster.net ?
BiblioTech Ltd, Unit 2 Piper Centre, 50 Carnwath Road, London, SW6 3EG.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk