[Gllug] \pagestyle{mypagestyle} in LaTeX

Stig Brautaset stigbrau at start.no
Tue May 21 17:45:24 UTC 2002

* Simon Stewart <sms at lateral.net> spake thus:
> On Sat, May 18, 2002 at 12:37:48AM +0100, Stig Brautaset wrote:
> > > I normally use \pagestyle{headings} in the preable of my reports, but
> > > now one teacher require us to put our name in the page-header for every
> > > page. I managed to do this by using \pagestyle{myheadings} and using
> > > \markright{<name>}, but now on to the important question: how can I get
> > > the best of both worlds?
> >
> > Ok, this is now resolved.. Is there a command to force text to
> > uppercase/lowercase though? I cannot find such a thing in the info..
>
> Go on, post it here some poor soul can find out what it looks like
> when they're googling for just such a thing....

Ok :)

I actually found the sollution on google, but I could not find any way
other than defining a new command. This goes in the preable of the
document:

\pagestyle{myheadings}
\newcommand{\mysect}[1]{
    \section{#1}
    \markright{
        \thesection. \uppercase{#1}
        \hfill 2AIT314, Stig Brautaset
        \hspace{1in}
    }
}
\newcommand{\mysubsect}[1]{
    \subsection{#1}
    \markright{
        \thesubsection. \uppercase{#1}
        \hfill 2AIT314, Stig Brautaset
        \hspace{1in}
    }
}

and instead of using \section{ ... } I use \mysect{ ... } and
\mysubsect{ ... }

Stig
--
brautaset.org