[Gllug] Console Tools (was Re: Can't get my CNet PRO200WL netcard to work in Gentoo)

Nix nix at esperi.demon.co.uk
Mon May 27 20:13:45 UTC 2002

On Mon, 27 May 2002, Ian Scott stated:

>> Indeed. Nice idea, but one of the most hideous implementations of a
>> user interface I've ever come across. Fortunately, gnome-help-browser
>> provides a semi usable interface to info pages, which is at least a
>> start, although it doesn't help when you're remotely logged in using
>> a text only interface...
>
> Personally, I like jed/emacs info mode - works pretty well on a console.

This was, of course, the original info mode, and the only one that's
maintained with the care that comes from its authors using it ;)

(but note that in some cases the flow has gone the other way:
texinfmt.el is slowly rotting as everyone uses its C variant, makeinfo,
which by now is much more featureful, too...)

--
`Well, if you think about it, Andrew is a strategic part of the Internet.'
                                      --- Kieran on Andrew Gierth

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk