[Gllug] X-Box linux

Sarah Ewen sarah at thaum.net
Tue May 14 16:48:01 UTC 2002

Oops, I wasn't trying to say "We know better than you" at all - I was
trying to say "If we gave you the all the specs on this, we'd have
nothing to stop people illegally copying our games, so how about we
provide a software interface to support development"

If we don't defend our copyright, we don't stand up in court against
people who are manufacturing mod chips etc. At the end of the day the
sad fact is there are plenty of people out there who seem happy to forge
copies of PS2 games and so Sony has to make it hard for them to do.

I think that Sony have done pretty well at opening up the PS2
with the Linux kit overall. Providing all the hardware manuals for example, was
something they didn't have to do, but it helps developers immensely.
We're already finding pdf copies available on the web left, right and
centre..argh..

Anyhow, "we know better than you" isn't a valid argument for anything
(as far as I can think of), and it's certainly not the reasoning behind
not including docs for the IOP.

sarah at thaum.net

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk