[Gllug] Linux Magazine

John Hearns john.hearns at cern.ch
Tue May 7 09:44:01 UTC 2002

On Tue, 2002-05-07 at 11:17, John Southern wrote:
> John Hearns wrote:
> >
> > I just paid a tenner for Linux Magazine.
> > A TENNER - and that is the April edition.
>
> John - I sure hope this is the US import version.

I really didn't mean to alarm you.
I realise that this post has been interpreted wrongly,
and I am willing to re-post an explanation to the GLLUG list.

I was trying to be a bit humorous, and to give a little bit
of praise to the magazine.

The full story -
I've seen the UK edition of Linux Magazine on sale in
several branches of the Naville newsagents in Geneva.
(Naville is the equivalent of WH Smith).
the price is 21.30 Swiss Francs - just under ten pounds.
There are about three copies of the April edition in the
Naville at CERN, and I bought one yesterday evening,
as I was quite impressed by the contents.

Linux Journal is also on sale at the Naville in CERN -
for 13.5 swiss francs.
Other English Linux and PC magazines too.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk