[Gllug] Linux laptop?

Dave Jones davej at suse.de
Tue May 21 17:00:11 UTC 2002

On Tue, May 21, 2002 at 04:51:46PM +0000, Bruce Richardson wrote:
 > > Just like in the Sony adverts, as soon as I turn on my z600 in a room
 > > full of people, heads turn. Not for the reasons Sony would like however,
 > > the CPU fan is ridiculously noisy.
 > AFAIK all Z600s are like that.  They run hot, also.

Interesting. Yeah, mine gets very hot after its been on for a while.
(Obviously even quicker depending on workload). ACPI on this beast is
fun too. There are thresholds for when it does certain things, like
turning on the fan or throttling the CPU. Unfortunatly some of the
thresholds seem to be quite close together, as its easy to get it
into a state where the fan is turning on and off every 2-3 seconds.
(This is the exhaust fan not the cpu fan btw)

--

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk