[Gllug] [OT] Not There... (was Sony)

Richard Cottrill richard_c at tpg.com.au
Wed May 8 14:22:18 UTC 2002

Thanks Jim for a nudge to remind me.

HUGE thanks to Jake and others at positive for throwing an excellent party.

Who was the guy in the blue and black jumper who I was talking to about
synchronising databases with at about 1am; too many (generously provided)
beers downed? I figured out a possible way to do it; depending on the
systems you're using, the nature of the operations you're running, all of
the usual arse-covering exemptions, etc.

Anyway, if anyone can tell me who it is (or they get back to me) then I'll
share my new theory that does the DB query in one operation (sort of). Evil
combination of proxies and triggers and gobs of bandwidth, and it all
happens transparently(ish)...

Richard

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk