[Gllug] a *small* language

Stig Brautaset stigbrau at start.no
Thu May 23 18:31:04 UTC 2002

* jim <jim at madeira.physiol.ucl.ac.uk> spake thus:
> On Thu, 23 May 2002, Thom May wrote:
> > Is it brainfuck that required someone to use a Genetic Algorithm to write
> > "hello world"? and even then, the case is wrong (comes out as HellO wOrLd or
> > there abouts)...
>
> No, that was Malbolge, http://www.mines.edu/students/b/bolmstea/malbolge/
> A language specifically designed to be difficult to program in. Named
> after the (misspelt) 8th circle of Hell in Dante's Divine Comedy (oh and

My old computer was long named "Judecca", after the inner 9th pit of
hell that held Brutus, Judas and some other guy I can't remember the
name of. It has now long since been renamed to Gil-Galad, the high elven
king of Tolkien fame.

Phew.. getting through an 'yeh olde english' translation of the original
Devine Comedy was a drag, as this was before I moved to England and
actually learned the language...

Bonus points for reading this far: the last word in all the three books
in the trilogy is the word "stars" :D

Stig
--
brautaset.org