[Gllug] apache/php/htaccess type question

Simon Stewart sms at lateral.net
Thu May 23 16:46:55 UTC 2002

On Thu, May 23, 2002 at 05:01:41PM +0100, Vincent AE Scott wrote:
> in a nutshell i want to be able to redirect a URL to a certain page.
> My provider has wildcard DNS records for my domain, so for example
> bobbins.codex.net and www.codex.net all point to the same document root
> in my homedir.  But i'd like to be able to 'point' [1] one of the names
> to another directory (off the main doc root).  i'm no expert in the arts
> of http, but i'm assuming this is possible without having to have
> changes made to the apache configs.
>
> so, any idea how i can achieve this?

Ummm... I probably wildly wrong here, but if your httpd.conf is set up
correctly, you can have random bits of config in your .htaccess
files. All you might need to do, could be to set up a VirtualHost
section in the one in your root directory.

Not tried it before, but that might do the trick. Or it might
not. Prolly talking nonsense.

Cheers,

Simon

--
"Even had to open up the case and gaze upon the hallowed peace that
graced the helpdesk that day." -- Megahal (trained on asr), 1998-11-06

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk