[Gllug] Any clues

Bruce Richardson itsbruce at uklinux.net
Mon May 6 17:00:37 UTC 2002

On Sun, May 05, 2002 at 12:33:07AM +0100, Adrian wrote:

> But I don't think that's it. The bizarre thing is that the hub reports the
> link physically present until such time as the client configures it,
> whereupon the light on the hub just goes off.

Looks like the problem is on the first one you showed (compare the last
two lines of the two inteface listings).  Could be a hardware problem, a
problem with the module, a resource conflict.  Check /var/log/messages
and dmesg for clues.

--
Bruce

Those who cast the votes decide nothing.  Those who count the
votes decide everything. -- Joseph Stalin