[Gllug] Screen I just have to share

Jonathan Dye jonathan.dye at automationpartnership.com
Thu May 16 07:53:48 UTC 2002

I agree, screen is great for remote access or when the only access you have
is over a serial terminal. I've got the following as the last line in
.bash_profile on a remote machine:

exec screen -D -R

So whenever I log in it either reattaches me to a previous screen session or
launches a new one if there were no old ones.  I always detach with ^a^d
which suspends screen and detaches the connection.  Then I can leave
whatever I'm doing exactly where it was and next time I log on it's right
there (on multiple screens if that's how I left it). Brilliant!

JD

MessageLabs Virus Scanning Service

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk