[Gllug] Reiserfs gotchas?

Alain Williams addw at phcomp.co.uk
Fri May 10 13:52:48 UTC 2002

On Fri, May 10, 2002 at 02:32:24PM +0100, Vincent AE Scott wrote:
> Daniel P. Berrange(dan at berrange.com)@Thu, May 09, 2002 at 12:36:14PM +0100:
> >
> > BTW, while we're talking journalling, does anyone have any
> > experiance / comments about XFS or JFS ?
>
> oh, one other thing that i like about XFS, is you can resize it online
> over LVM.  IIRC reiserfs requires the partition to be unmounted first.

AFIR JFS (on AIX) you could make it bigger while it was active.
The file system that I really liked was AdvFS on Dec/Compaq/HP/...
Unix/TruUnix4/... (pick the name that you want in either case).
This file system was nice: larger/smaller on the fly; generate a view
(great for backups, one view never changes while the other continues
to work); > 2GB (OK, this was several years ago) & others that I forget.

--
Alain Williams

#include <std_disclaimer.h>

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk